Back pain is something that many people will struggle with in their lives. The pressures of working slumped over at a desk, picking up heavy things, or simply going about daily life can put significant strain on a person's back. Our chiropractic care professionals at Boze Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center in Brooksville, Hernando, and Spring Hill are familiar with upper back pain and can help patients find the best treatment for their condition. If you need relief from your upper back pain, a consultation with our chiropractors can help you better understand what options are available.
Understanding Upper Back Pain
Your upper back (thoracic spine) is the area that is between the cervical spine (neck) and the bottom of your ribs. It's comprised of 12 vertebrae bones. Upper back pain is common across all age groups but intensifies with age, especially as the muscles that support your upper back and shoulders weaken with the natural aging process. Poor posture, repetitive muscle use, injuries, and muscle tightness can cause upper back pain ranging from mild to severe.
Common causes of upper back pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: Causes depletion of the cartilage of the joints in the spine, causing bones to rub against each other. This causes joint pain and stiffness in the back.
- Injury/trauma: Injuries may lead to tears and sprains in the upper back ligaments and tendons, causing pain and restricted mobility.
- Muscle overuse: Heavy lifting and repetitive use of back muscles may trigger upper back pain.
- Poor posture: Sedentary life, unusual walking style, and choice of clothes can affect your posture, leading to muscle sprain that may cause upper back pain.
- Herniated disc: Ruptured or slipped disc may compress the spinal nerves, leading to pain and discomfort.
Why You Should Seek Chiropractic Care for Upper Back Pain
Our chiropractic care is effective in treating upper back pain because we treat the source of the pain instead of relieving symptoms. Our chiropractic treatment restores your full range of motion, reduces pain and inflammation, and promotes faster recovery. When you visit our clinic, our chiropractor will use various techniques to treat upper back pain, including:
- Spinal manipulation: Aligns your spinal muscles, alleviating nerve pressure to reduce pain and trigger self-healing.
- Massage therapy: Our chiropractor applies gentle pressure on the back to reduce muscle tension and promote blood circulation, triggering natural healing.
- Cold laser therapy: We use a narrow beam of light to treat several musculoskeletal issues, including upper back pain. This therapy promotes blood circulation in the tissues to hasten healing.
Contact Us for Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Brooksville, Hernando, or Spring Hill, FL
Are you looking for natural relief from your upper back pain? Get in touch with our professionals at Boze Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center. You can trust our chiropractor to provide long-lasting relief for your back pain. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you at our Brooksville, Hernando, or Spring Hill office.