When you experience nerve pain that originates in the lower back and radiates into the buttocks and down your leg, this is a sign of sciatica. Sciatica is caused by compression of the sciatic nerve, which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Sciatica is a sharp and intense form of pain. It is a common complication that many adults struggle with within their lifetime.
If you are struggling to manage your sciatic pain, Dr. Gabriel Boze and our team at Boze Chiropractic in Hernando, Brooksville, and Spring Hill, FL, can help treat the root cause of the pain, so the condition doesn't keep you from enjoying your life.
The Symptoms of Sciatica
Sciatica is a pain that can come on suddenly or gradually. It is often caused by a herniated or slipped disk pressing on the sciatic nerve or by the narrowing of your spine. It can also be a side effect of an injury or diabetes. The condition is seen more often in overweight patients and patients that lead an inactive lifestyle.
Common symptoms of sciatica include:
- Lower back pain that radiates down the buttocks and the leg
- Muscle pain and weakness that becomes more severe after long periods of standing or sitting still but is relieved when walking
- A numbness or tingling sensation
- Loss of bowel and bladder control
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
If left untreated, sciatic nerve pain can get worse for patients and lead to other health concerns. When you make an appointment at Boze Chiropractic, we will create a customized treatment plan to treat your sciatica. Common therapy options include:
- Spinal manipulations help to align the spine properly and free up the spine's movement. This helps to relieve the pressure on your sciatic nerve.
- Hot and cold therapy will work to reduce inflammation of the nerve.
- Spinal manipulation can help reduce sciatica caused by a herniated disc.
- Working with you to learn stretches and exercises that you can do at home will ensure your treatments are as effective as possible.
- Deep tissue massage therapy can help relieve the lower back pain often caused by sciatica.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care in Brooksville, Hernando, or Spring Hill, FL
If you are experiencing any symptoms of sciatica, our professional staff is ready to help. After a thorough assessment, we will customize a treatment program unique to your needs. Our chiropractor is committed to helping patients in Hernando, Brooksville, and Spring Hill find the relief they need to get back to living pain-free. To schedule an appointment at Boze Chiropractic or to learn more about how we can help, contact one of our offices today!